Melissa Congdon’s, MD’s Commentary –
Fibromyalgia is a common disorder misunderstood by many in the medical community. Speaking at the Hawaii Fibromyalgia Summit allowed me to summarize what I have learned about fibromyalgia as a fellow sufferer and a doctor who has treated hundreds with the syndrome. There are many studies indicating that people with fibromyalgia have unique biochemical profiles, and many helpful treatments available. My goal is to help people with fibromyalgia understand more about the syndrome, and show them the many options in the healthy “tool box” for decreasing symptoms and returning to good health.
Video Available – Dr. Melissa Congdon at the Hawaii Fibromyalgia Summit
On June 20, 2015 hundreds gathered on Oahu to learn more about fibromyalgia and how the guaifenesin protocol can help reverse their symptoms and return them to good health.
Fibromyalgia sufferers Dr. Melissa Congdon and Kyle Bischoff appeared on KITV news to promote the Summit. Watch a replay of the broadcast.
Olelo community broadcasting has session replays available for viewing.
Part 1 includes:
- Dr. Congdon’s personal fibromyalgia story
- Facts about fibromyalgia
- Dr St. Amand:
- how fibromyalgia can be accurately diagnosed by physical exam (nodules NOT tender points)
- his phosphate theory and the guaifenesin protocol
- The evidence that fibromyalgia is a real syndrome
- Pediatric fibromyalgia
- How Dr. Congdon knows guaifenesin works
- Why it is so important to treat carbohydrate intolerance
- Helpful tips on how to make good progress on the guaifenesin protocol
Part 2 includes:
- Dr. Congdon’s question and answer session
- Personal testimonials of recovery on the guaifenesin protocol
- TV clip of Annette Kam discussing her dramatic recovery (There is no cure for fibromyalgia, but until there is a cure—there is guaifenesin)
Thank you so much to Annette Kam and all the members of iFoG for making the Fibromyalgia Summit possible!